Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dedicating God's Temple: It belongs to Him




1 Kings 8:22-30 – “My Name Shall Be There.

This passage is simply beautiful! Now that King Solomon has completed the building of God’s temple it is time to dedicate it back to God. In  verse 19 we see that Solomon was chosen by God before he was conceived to build this house.  This tells us that whatever task God has called us to; He alone has already made provisions to see it through. In Romans 8:30 Paul writes, those whom he predestined, he also called; those he called he also justified, those whom he justified, he also glorified!  Now please note: God has called us to glory, not so that we can take the credit, but so that we can be glorified in Him!


Solomon was wise indeed. He had completed an amazing task in building this temple for God, but in dedicating it back to God he realize where all of his strength and gifts came from. 

On Sunday our Pastor preached “It’s all in you”, that is, the power of God to accomplish all God has put his stamp on. You, born again child of God have his stamp and He says my name shall be there!
Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 6:19 “Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,” –NLT


As you read through these passages of dedication notice how Solomon asks God to honor the place where His name is.  He said when I and the people pray toward this place hear and answer us, because you live here! 

Holy of Holies

Do you know where God is? As Solomon said not even the heavens of heavens can contain Him, but if you are a born again child of God, He lives inside of you.  What a mighty God we serve!


 Your body is the temple of God, honor your body, dedicate it back for His service and you shall be glorified as God’s works are completed daily in you! 

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you write and your spiritual emphasis. I got caught up in listening to that Fill Me Up song on the prior post.
    I plan to follow - hope you follow back also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nylse! Thank you so much for taking the time to read I love it when people stop by and read my spiritual blog! It encourages me to write in here more!...and following now! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chan. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and I am also glad to stop by your blog "Abundant Life" and the blog on it "Dedicating God's Temple: it belongs to Him". Beautiful truth that comes out of your writing on the Temple of God.I like the title "It is all in you" your Pastor preached on which is the power of God to accomplish all God has put stamp on and exhortation "Honor the place where His name is and who lives within you. Thank you for your sharing. This might be my next preaching title as I prepare myself for coming sunday sermon. Well I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richesr of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai, India to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor by heing hands and feet of Jesus. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your summer vacation. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. I would like to remain connected with you to share about our ministry so that you can keep praying for us.

    ReplyDelete